How to keep Your Voice HEALTHY?
The best way to prevent loosing your voice is to keep your voice, body and mind healthy.
Well how you do it when you are so busy between going to lessons, auditions and performances?
Here are my top tips to maintain your best voice:
1. S.L.E.E.P - Your body, and voice will thank you after a good 6-8 hours of sleep. To make sure you have a quality sleep try to use lavender oil on your pillow and drink chamomile tea. I like to listen to calming meditation music and read a book. After 10 minutes I'm already dreaming about singing at the MET :) lol.
2. Gargle: After your good night sleep I recommend after brushing your teeth to gargle 1 tsp of Himalaya salt mixed with warm water. After, gargle 2 tsp of olive oil. This process will kill any bacteria and condition your throat at the same time.
3. Eucalyptus Oil- Whenever I shower or take a bath I like to inhale eucalyptus oil to relieve congestion. Inhaling the strong aroma of eucalyptus oil helps to loosen phlegm and alleviate congestion associated with the common cold, flu or more severe conditions such as bronchitis.
4. Drink Apple Cider Vinegar and Oregano Oil:
Every morning especially in a period I perform a lot I drink cup of water mixed with 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar and put a drop of oregano oil and mix it together. It tastes disgusting and it’s hard to choke down but it’s worth it!
Oregano oil is highly antibacterial and anti-microbial. Apple cider can also kill many types of bacteria. In addition, it aids in lowering blood pressure, helps improve heart health and assists in detoxifying your organs. It can also be used to treat digestive problems such as acid re-flux and can even help you lose weight by increasing feelings of satiety.Many people claim that mixed together, Oregano Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar are a flu and cold fighting powerhouse.
5. Use vitamin supplement and Zinc:
Try to avoid synthetic supplement and try raw and natural instead.
To figure out if your supplement is synthetic or natural, check the label. Natural supplements usually list food sources or are labeled as 100% plant or animal-based. Supplements that list nutrients individually, such as vitamin C, or use chemical names like ascorbic acid, are almost certainly synthetic
I like to use Nature's AnswerLiquid Multiple Vitamin & Mineral:
And on days I am using my voice a lot I like to take 1 capsule of Zinc mineral. I use this one:
6. Avoid Spicy/Salty/Sweet/Dairy Foods:
Anything too much can cause you irritation or uncomfortable feel in your throat. Try to add more raw and fresh foods in your diet and drink more water. Not only you will feel better but your throat and vocal cords will feel ready to sing any song.
7. Talk Like You Mean It:
I am a strong believer you can't separate the singer you are to the person you are in your daily life. Try to think about all the important elements of healthy vocal technique when you speak during the day. Take lower breaths, speak on your breath, never shout or 'push' your voice. You will feel gradually that when you start to sing it is not as hard anymore. It becomes a habit and part of you.
For my related YouTube video click the link below :)